Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Graduate Certificate Program | Online or San Diego, California
EARN AN ONLINE CERTIFICATE IN TESOL AND BEGIN A CAREER AS A ESL OR EFL TEACHER
Alliant's online Graduate Certificate program in TESOL provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to begin a career teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL). Through our online TESOL program, candidates will gain advanced skills in teaching ESL/EFL quickly and conveniently from their home location, and emerge prepared to enter the TESOL education field. The TESOL graduate certificate program is also available fully on-site in San Diego, California.
COMPLETE ALLIANT'S TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM AND EARN CREDIT TOWARDS A MASTER'S IN TESOL
Individuals pursuing Alliant's 15-unit Graduate Certificate in TESOL program may apply all 15 units towards Alliant's 30-unit Master's in TESOL program. The master's program in TESOL may be completed on-site in San Diego or through a hybrid format that combines online coursework with two weekend residencies in San Diego. A master's degree in TESOL opens doors to increased employment prospects and career opportunities.
ONLINE TESOL GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Choose between Alliant's 100% online program or study at our San Diego campus
- 15 units (five courses)
- Full certificate program may be completed within 9-12 months
- Highly-qualified and experienced faculty
- No special technical skills required - only a home computer and Internet
- San Diego, California
- Fall, Spring and Summer terms (review application deadlines and our rolling admissions policy on our admissions page)
- Application - Apply now online
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional and/or academic relationships
- 2-4 page personal essay including autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, accomplishments and any relevant experience
- Official undergraduate transcripts from a regionally-accredited university (degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (GPA exemptions may be granted)
- $65 application fee
EARN YOUR TESOL GRADUATE CERTIFICATE FROM AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY
Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION - ONLINE OR ON-CAMPUS!
- January 13 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- February 18 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- March 9 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- April 15 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- May 11 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- June 16 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
- July 21 | 5:30 PM | Online | Register Now
- August 12 | 6:00 PM | San Diego Campus | Register Now
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION