"Top 10" Facts to Know About Alliant
1. Alliant’s California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) has trained nearly half of the practicing psychologists in California.
2. Alliant's faculty and students have the following distinguished academic records:
- Alliant faculty, (often with student collaborators), have given more than 2,000 scholarly presentations since 2005, with more than half of these presented to national or international audiences.
- Alliant faculty published more than 700 scholarly works and publications (journal articles, books, chapters, presentations) between 2005 - 2009.
- Thirty-eight members of Alliant’s core faculty have attained senior status as fellows in professional societies such as the American Psychological Association and the Academy of Management.
3. Alliant students hail from 39 states and more than 75 countries.
4. Alliant was named a 2014 Top Producer of Graduate Degrees for Minorities by
Diverse: Issues in Higher Education magazine in a total of 24 categories, including:
- #1 in awarding doctorates in psychology to African Americans and Hispanics
- #2 in awarding doctorates in psychology to Asian Americans
5. Alliant was selected as a “Best for Vets” college nationwide for the fourth year
in a row, as per Military TimesEDGE magazine’s 2014 rankings based on academic rigor, financial assistance, academic flexibility,
campus culture and support services. Alliant has also been designated “Military Friendly”
for six consecutive years, an honor reserved for the top 15% of institutions with
active military and veteran’s programs, as defined by GI Jobs magazine for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
6. Alliant received the 2015 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the fourth consecutive year. The HEED award is the only national award recognizing U.S. colleges and universities that demonstrate an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
7. Alliant “firsts” include the first US-based doctoral program in clinical psychology in Asia, the first law school in the West to recruit women, the first PsyD degree in forensic psychology; the first doctoral program in consulting psychology, and the first alternative teacher certification program in California.
8. Alliant International University is the only US-accredited University in Mexico City offering bachelor’s through master’s degrees and one of just two US-accredited universities operating in Japan.
9. Alliant students contribute more than 1 million hours per year in community service through internships, field placements and service learning projects.
10. Over the course of its 100+ years of history, Alliant and its legacy institutions have produced more than 45,000 alumni who contribute daily to diverse communities in over 100 countries around the world.