Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization
Autism Certification for California Special Education Teachers
Alliant offers a convenient and affordable program through which to earn a recommendation for the Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization as a California special education teacher. This ASDA authorization program is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and satisfies all CCTC requirements.
Accelerated Workshop with Teaching Portfolio Program
This accelerated autism certification program results in the ASDAA recommendation through successful completion of an intensive two-day autism workshop (often on a single weekend) plus portfolio. The teaching portfolio demonstrates your professional experience and learning in the field and serves as evidence of meeting ASD standards and competencies. Please review portfolio requirements - (PDF).
Teaching portfolios are due within six weeks of attending your designated program date. Extensions may be granted as necessary. Portfolios are typically evaluated within two-three weeks of submission. Once evaluated and with a satisfactory result, recommendations are issued to the CCTC within one-two weeks provided that the full program cost has been paid.
- Graduate units earned: 3
- Cost: $925
(Note: payment is not due at time of registration/application, but will be due immediately upon receipt of billing statement)
- Hours: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. each day (no exceptions)
Upcoming Weekend Workshop Dates and Locations
June 18-19, 2016
July 16-17, 2016
October 1-2, 2016
October 22-23, 2016
Applicants to the accelerated workshop with portfolio program must complete only the online application/registration form and meet the following requirements:
- Minimum one-year professional experience teaching students with autism
- Employment within a California K-12 school
- All credential coursework completed (minimum GPA of 3.0 required)
- California Education Specialist Teaching Credential (preliminary or clear) in one
of the following:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Physical and Health Impairments
- Visual Impairments
- View Portfolio Requirements - (PDF)
- View Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Making Payment Online - (PDF)
(may only be done after your workshop program date)
- Order a Transcript (may only be ordered after a final grade has been awarded and full tuition payment has been made)
Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. (Download Adobe Reader)
Traditional Evening and Weekend Program
Alliant also offers a 12-unit format of the the program that may be completed in one semester with on-site evening courses and once monthly Saturday seminars. The program is subject to Alliant's regular tuition rates. Please note: Alliant is not currently accepting applications to the traditional evening and weekend program.