Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization | Certificate | California
EARN YOUR AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS ADDED AUTHORIZATION (ASDAA) FOR CALIFORNIA SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS
Alliant offers a convenient and affordable program through which to earn a recommendation for the Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization as a California special education instructor. This ASDA authorization program is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and satisfies all CCTC requirements.Two formats are available:
- TRADITIONAL EVENING AND WEEKEND PROGRAM
This program may be completed in one semester with on-site evening courses and once monthly Saturday seminars.
- Graduate units earned: 12
- Cost: Subject to Alliant's regular tuition rates
- ACCELERATED WORKSHOP WITH PORTFOLIO PROGRAM
This accelerated program results in the ASDAA recommendation through successful completion of an intensive two-day workshop (often on a single weekend) plus portfolio. The portfolio demonstrates your professional experience and learning in the field and serves as evidence of meeting ASD standards and competencies. Please review portfolio requirements - (PDF).
Portfolios are due within six weeks of attending your designated program date. Extensions may be granted as necessary. Portfolios are typically evaluated within two-three weeks of submission. Once evaluated and with a satisfactory result, recommendations are issued to the CCTC within one-two weeks provided that the full program cost has been paid.
- Graduate units earned: 3
- Cost: $850 (Note: payment is not due at time of registration/application)
- Hours: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. each day (no exceptions)
UPCOMING DATES AND LOCATIONS | ACCELERATED WORKSHOP WITH PORTFOLIO PROGRAM
Spring 2014 Waitlist
There will be no more program dates scheduled for the remainder of 2013. Please complete our waitlist to be notified if a date and location is scheduled for your area for Spring 2014.
Applicants to the accelerated workshop with portfolio program must complete only the online application/registration form and meet the following requirements:
- Minimum one year professional experience teaching students with autism
- Employment within a California K-12 school
- All credential coursework completed (minimum GPA of 3.0 required)
- California Education Specialist Teaching Credential (preliminary or clear) in one
of the following:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Physical and Health Impairments
- Visual Impairments
Please direct questions to Leah Felson, via email or phone at (415) 310-7596.
- View Portfolio Requirements - (PDF)
- View Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for Making Payment Online - (PDF)
(may only be done after your workshop program date)
- Order a Transcript (may only be ordered after a final grade has been awarded and full tuition payment has been made)
Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. (Download Adobe Reader)