Please note that the following applies only to graduate admissions. Prospective undergraduate students should please consult our undergraduate admissions page.
Transfer of credit from regionally accredited institutions may be awarded on the following basis:
- A maximum transfer of:
- Master’s candidates: 6 units beyond the bachelor’s degree. Candidates for the master’s in school psychology with PPS credential may transfer up to 9 units.
- Doctoral candidates: 24 units beyond the master’s degree. Credit used to complete a second master’s degree may be considered.All transfer credits must be approved by the program’s director
- Credits were earned within seven years of the transfer request. Waivers of this requirement
may be considered on a case-by-base basis.
- Extension and continuing education courses are typically not acceptable for graduate
transfer. Exceptions may apply for courses completed at high levels through an accredited
university or local district program for partial credit transfer.
- Transfer courses must be equivalent to Alliant coursework for which it is being applied.
Students are required to submit transcripts, catalog course descriptions and other
- All coursework must be completed successfully with a B grade or higher.