Department of Undergraduate Psychology
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
The Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Psychology, offered through the Department of Undergraduate Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant, teaches undergraduates about the current practices and needs of the helping professions. Our goal in preparing undergraduates in Psychology is to provide them with a solid scientific foundation of study in preparation for entry into the helping professions or for advanced study in psychology and/or related fields.
Our innovative undergraduate psychology curriculum is designed to train students to effectively address the complexities and changing needs of our community as individuals address the challenging ecological, socio-cultural and lifespan issues confronting them today. The program has a strong focus on practical training through field placement sites.
- Strong foundation in behavioral sciences - a comprehensive understanding of the complexities of human behavior.
- Supervised practical experience - hands-on exposure to practice in a community setting within the field of psychology.
- Emphasis on interactive and self-directed learning combined with a strong student-advisement component to help students choose the right career or educational path.
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research for their capstone project.
- Strong foundation to build multicultural and international competencies, including the cultural immersion opportunities.
For additional information, contact Admissions: