PhD Industrial Organizational Psychology
LOS ANGELES - SAN DIEGO
A SCIENCE-BASED MODEL BUILT ON APA STANDARDS
In keeping with APA guidelines,* the Industrial-Organizational Psychology PhD program offered at the Los Angeles and San Diego campuses of Alliant International University develops competence through formal training, field placement experience and research. Intrinsic to the program is the belief that effective organizational change is founded in science, especially the science of human behavior in work settings.
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES
- Real-World Experience The program integrates professional training through fieldwork placements in the business community or public sector with academic coursework in general and organization psychology, research design, statistics and measurement.
- Faculty with Business Experience Combined with Strong Academic Credentials Our faculty draw from deep experience in management or consulting and capability in academic publishing. Our professors care about our students' growth and career success, connecting students to a broad professional network and often staying in touch for years after graduation.
- Extensive Research Training Students also conduct research and independent study projects. An emphasis on research early in the program facilitates the dissertation process.
- Options to Customize There are ample options to tailor the program to your individual interests with electives or advanced seminars.
Typically, students take four to five years of full-time study to complete the PhD. There are a limited number of openings for students who wish to enter on a part-time basis.
BE PREPARED FOR CAREER SUCCESS
Almost all of our PhD students land jobs in our field prior to graduation. Through training that addresses both sides of the consultant/client relationship critical to business success today, graduates leave exceptionally well prepared for a wide range of careers, including:
- Management consulting
- Organizational assessment and design
- Human resources management
- Training and development
- Organizational development
- Diversity programs
- Change management
- Executive coaching
- Staffing and employment testing
- University-level teaching.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Explore the PhD in Industrial Organizational Psychology program in more detail.
*This program closely follows the guidelines for doctoral level training prepared by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), the Division 14 of the American Psychological Association (APA).