We extend our deepest condolences to the family and friends of these CSPP alumni and friends who have passed away in recent years. We have included links to tribute pages celebrating their lives when available.
- Fred Cutter, PhD. born in Boston, MA on 11/18/24, passed away on 2/24/14. He is survived by his wife
Dorothy Cutter, daughter Amy Cutter, and son David/Karen Cutter. He worked at the
Veterans Administration for 20 years through 1984 and a professor at CSPP Fresno from
1973 to 1980. Before he retired he was in private practice in San Luis Obispo, CA.
He is the author of Art and the Wish to Die, Coming to Terms with Death, and Suicide Prevention Triangle. The family would like to hear from the students who were impacted by Fred’s unconventional
classes and creative approaches to psychology. They can be reached through email
- Dr. Nancy Lee Etchart (CSPP-Los Angeles, Clinical PhD '89)
- Dr. Lelia McCain Veaco (CSPP-Fresno Founding Faculty). 1924-2013. Please feel free to share your memories
and/or photos of Dr. Veaco on our CSPP Facebook page (see our 5/7/13 post)
- Dr. Hedda Bolgar (CSPP-LA Founding Faculty). 1909-2013. Dr. Bolgar passed away at the age of 103.
Please feel free to share your memories and/or photos of Dr. Bolgar on our CSPP Facebook page (see our 5/16/13 post). Several articles celebrating Dr. Bolgar's life: LA Times | The Today Show | UK Daily Mail
- Dr. Maurice J. Zemlick (CSPP-San Diego Founding Faculty and first Dean of our CSPP-SD campus). Dr. Zemlick
passed away March 1, 2013 at the age of 88. Dr. Steven Bucky, Distinguished Professor
at CSPP-San Diego and Director of Professional Training, fondly remembers Maury “as
a pioneer in psychology, with a strong commitment to excellence in clinical practice
and training and was instrumental in the growth and development of psychology as a
profession in San Diego, in California and throughout the country.”
- Dr. Murray Galinson (USIU, PhD '76). 1937-2013.
- Dr. James M. Reinitz (CSPP-LA, Clinical PhD '80). Dr. Reinitz passed away on November 6, 2012.
- Dr. Richard Kopp (CSPP-LA Professor Emeritus). 1942-2012. Please feel free to share your memories
and/or photos of Dr. Kopp on our CSPP Facebook page (see our July 2012 post).
- Dr. Michael Lieberwitz (CSPP-SD alumnus, class of '78). 1951-2012.
- Dr. Su Yon Park (CSPP-Alameda, Clinical PsyD '00). 1971-2012. She was awarded a Peace Prize posthumously.
- Dr. Siri M. Andrews (CSPP-San Diego, Clinical PhD '04). 1975-2010.