WHAT MAKES A CSPP EDUCATION UNIQUE
CSPP provides a seamless educational experience with an integrated focus on:
- Academic excellence
- Hands-on training
- Mentoring by leaders in the field
This unusual approach produces an environment of hands-on, practice-based professionalism
from which you’ll benefit right away.
WORK SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH WORLD-CLASS MENTORS
CSPP’s reputation attracts the leading experts in their fields to our faculty. Our
small class sizes will allow you to get to know these authorities as individuals,
and they will get to know you. Under their mentorship you will receive the personal
attention you need to excel and become a professional even before graduation.
SPECIALIZE AND PRACTICE EARLY FOR A COMPETITIVE EDGE
At CSPP, you have the opportunity to create your own professional niche while still
in school. Early specialization will give you a career head start, especially when
supported by CSPP’s extensive training opportunities. Learning your specialty as the
protégé of an eminent practitioner will provide a powerful credential.
GAIN MULTICULTURAL COMPETENCIES THROUGH INNOVATIVE CURRICULUM
Multiculturalism is a foundational feature and core commitment at CSPP.
- CSPP’s Couple and Family Therapy programs and Clinical Psychology Programs have multicultural competencies woven through the entire curriculum.
- Our clinical psychology programs also offer a multicultural emphasis or specialization.
- Our Clinical Counseling program in San Francisco has a focus on social justice advocacy.
- We have cultural immersion programs in India and Mexico.
- We offer professional certificates in Latin American Family Therapy and in LGBT Human Services and Mental Health.
RECEIVE RELEVANT TRAINING TO ADDRESS TODAY’S ISSUES
The scope of our field placement programs ensure comprehensive preparation for delivering relevant services to address today’s most pressing issues.
Our organizational psychology students have opportunities to participate in consulting exercises in a variety of business settings.
Our clinical training requirements will equip you to serve such diverse client populations as elders, veterans, LGBT communities, severely disordered individuals, adolescents, children, couples and many other groups.
CSPP practicum placements include:
- community mental health centers and clinics
- inpatient mental health facilities
- rehabilitation programs
- medical settings
- specialized service centers
- residential/day care programs
- forensic/correctional facilities
- research organizations
- service and governmental agencies.
GET READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Learn how CSPP’s unique personalized professional training can help you make a difference in the most lives—your family’s, your community and your own. Explore our CSPP programs or contact the Office of Admissions for more information.