"Top 10" Facts to Know About Alliant
1. Alliant’s California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) has trained nearly half of the practicing psychologists in California.
2. Alliant's faculty and students have the following distinguished academic records:
- Alliant faculty, (often with student collaborators), have given more than 2,000 scholarly presentations since 2005, with more than half of these presented to national or international audiences.
- Alliant faculty published more than 700 scholarly works and publications (journal articles, books, chapters, presentations) between 2005 - 2009.
- Thirty-eight members of Alliant’s core faculty have attained senior status as fellows in professional societies such as the American Psychological Association and the Academy of Management.
3. Alliant students hail from 39 states and more than 75 countries.
4. Alliant was named 2012 Top Producer of Graduate Degrees for Minorities in a total of 18 categories including:
- #1 in awarding doctorates in psychology to Hispanics, Asian Americans and Native Americans
- #7 in awarding doctorates in all disciplines combined to Hispanics
- #23 for awarding degrees in all disciplines combined to minorities Diverse: Issues in Higher Education (July 6,2012)
5. Alliant was selected as a “Best for Vets” college nationwide for the third year in a row, as per Military TimesEDGE magazine’s 2013 rankings based on financial assistance, academic flexibility, campus culture and support services. Alliant has also been designated “Military Friendly” for three years in a row, an honor reserved for the top 15% of institutions with active military and veteran’s programs, as defined by GI Jobs magazine for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
6. Alliant was ranked among the "Top 100 Colleges for Hispanics" for 2012. The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine (May 7, 2012)
7. Alliant “firsts” include the first US-based doctoral program in clinical psychology in Asia, the first law school in the West to recruit women, the first PsyD degree in forensic psychology; the first doctoral program in consulting psychology, and the first alternative teacher certification program in California.
8. Alliant International University is the only US-accredited University in Mexico City offering bachelor’s through master’s degrees and one of just two US-accredited universities operating in Japan.
9. Alliant students contribute more than 1 million hours per year in community service through internships, field placements and service learning projects.
10. Over the course of its 100+ years of history, Alliant and its legacy institutions have produced more than 45,000 alumni who contribute daily to diverse communities in over 100 countries around the world.