Multiculturalism - Internationalism - Diversity at Alliant
Alliant International University is a professional practice university that educates students to work in a multicultural/international world. An Alliant education focuses on multicultural and international communities and issues, and it provides students with rich exposure to challenging, real world problems and their solutions.
At Alliant, we recognize that no matter where our graduates choose to work and live, they will need to be able to work productively with colleagues and clients who grew up in situations very different from their own. Around the world, the forces of technology and globalization are changing the context in which we all live, and our communities are increasingly diverse with respect to nationality, race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, socioeconomic status, and religion. We strive to foster students’ multicultural and international competence in all of Alliant’s educational programs.
Alliant's international programs are designed to enhance human understanding and professional collaboration globally. We offer:
- A pioneering Masters degree in Clinical Psychology in Japan
- The first Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) degree program in China
- Pioneering graduate-level language education capacity building initiatives with Cisco in Jordan and with Indonesia’s premier National Islamic University
- An opportunity to work with a world-renowned educational non-governmental organization, the World Council of Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI)
- Cultural immersion programs for cross-cultural awareness in psychology, business, and education in addition to a full array of degree and certificate programs in Mexico
- Faculty/student exchanges, collaborative research and program development, and cultural immersion travel initiatives throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, and Latin America
I-MERIT and the Latino Achievement Initiative
I-MERIT (International and Multicultural Education, Research, Intervention, and Training) provides leadership in the implementation of Alliant's diversity plan. I-MERIT aims to institutionalize multicultural and international values and perspectives in all of Alliant’s education and training programs and in the University’s culture. I-MERIT has an inclusive view of diversity, which spans nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, socioeconomic status, ability, and age.
The Latino Achievement Initiative is a component of I-MERIT focused on outreach to the Latino community, strengthening the pipeline of Latinos in higher education, and making Alliant a Latino-friendly university.
Learn more about I-MERIT:
Adobe Reader is required to view the PDF documents on this page. (Download Adobe Reader)